Official Seat of the OSCE

Official Seat of the OSCE

Wallnerstraße 6, 1010 Vienna 
former Pálffy Palace (690.336)

General and Historical Facts


Most important Classicist building in Venna
Originally, the building complex comprised several buildings. It was acquired by the Pálffy family in 1796 (Wallnerstraße 6a) and 1810 (Wallnerstraße 6). Count Pálffy ordered the erection of a three-story empire building, which was constructed between 1811 and 1813. In 1922, the Anglo-Austrian Bank und Handels AG purchased the building. Architect Leopold Bauer was commissioned to convert the palace building into a "modern banking house". The building’s architecture was particularly influenced by adaptions made after the Second World War. In the course of these adaptations, a five-storey underground archive for the Austrian Administration Archive (Österreichisches Verwaltungsarchiv) was built in the former main courtyard.

Occupant:
Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE)

Burghauptmannschaft Österreich – Departments in charge:
Building Management Dep. 401 – Ballhausplatz
HVAC  Dep. 306 – HVAC
Property Management  Dep. 201 – Administration