1010 Vienna, Hofburg (690.005/014)
General and Historical Facts
The Palm House of the Imperial Palace was constructed by Friedrich Ohmann in the period from 1902 to 1906 after the glass houses erected at the beginning of the 19th century had been torn down. It is a construction of iron and glass in the Secessionist Jugendstil style and was used as a winter garden.
The Palm House was refurbished between 1996 and 1998.
Today, the middle part serves as a restaurant, while the adjacent wings accommodate the Butterfly House and a greenhouse for Österreichische Bundesgärten.
Bundesgärten Wien & Innsbruck
Palmenhaus - Cafe, Brasserie, Bar
Butterfly House in the Palm House
Burghauptmannschaft Österreich – Departments in charge:
Building Management Dep. 303 – Neue Burg
HVAC Dep. 306 – HVAC
Property Management Dep. 201 – Administration