Redouten Hall Wing
1010 Vienna, Josefsplatz 4 (690.005/009)
General and Historical Facts
The Redouten hall building was constructed together with the Augustinan Wing around 1769 by Nicolas; it was redesigned in the Baroque style by Friedrich Ohmann in 1905.
In 1992, the attic fell victim to a large fire in which the complete area as well as the suspended ceilings were destroyed. The building was then reconstructed in the period between 1993 and 1997 to be used as a congress venue from then on. While the Small Redouten Hall could be restored to its original form, the wall cladding of the Great Redouten Hall had been completely destroyed. Therefore, it was decided to completely revamp the interior. The wall and ceiling were made by Josef Mikl.
Wiener Kongresszentrum Hofburg Betriebsges.m.b.H.
Burghauptmannschaft Österreich – Departments in charge:
Building Management Dep. 301 – Neue Burg
HVAC Dep. 306 – HVAC
Property Management Dep. 201 (Administration)