Organisational Structure

Burghauptmannschaft Österreich consists of the head of department, two field offices and four divisions to which a total of 17 departments are assigned.

The Board of Managers, which directly oversees the field offices "Budget, Cost and Performance Accounting" and "Public Relations & Media", consists of the Burghauptmann (president) and his deputy.

The 17 construction and administration departments are part of the following divisions: "Back Office", "Property Management", "Building Management I" and "Construction Management II".

The individual departments are dedicated to preserving Austria’s architectural heritage and to ensuring both sustainable and effective operation. Around 75 percent of the properties for which Burghauptmannschaft Österreich assumes responsibility are located in Vienna. The other 25 percent are scattered around the provinces of Tyrol, Upper Austria, Lower Austria and Styria.

If you want to find out more about the current structure of BHÖ and its staff click Geschäfts- und Personaleinteilung (German only).

Click Organigramm (German only) to learn more about our structure.