Until 2014, the aim of MODI-FY was to provide the required certified skills and competences to enable responsible organisations to develop innovative vocational training.
The aim of MODI-FY is to provide project leaders and their assistants with the required certified skills and competences to enable the responsible organisations/authorities to develop innovative VET (Vocational Education and Training).
Europe has a fascinating history and various historic sites, which demonstrate imperial glory and power, which attract tourists and students of different disciplines like architecture, building culture, but also cause serious concerns.
In Austria, a vast number of buildings is considered of historic value and the same applies for Belgium, Italy, Hungary, Portugal, Slovakia and the UK. On one hand, each building causes costs for maintenance, on other hand they need to be attuned to the requirements of modern life and commercial needs.
Staff of bodies looking after such historic buildings, do need specific skills in order to ensure that Windsor Castle, Hofburg Vienna, Schönbrunn, Feste Hohensalzburg and the Tower of London and Amalfi coast villas are available for future generations – and at the same time can be utilised for several purposes to cover costs. Nowadays you find offices, flats, museums, shops, cafés and restaurants and many other ways of utilising those buildings and above all we can learn about environmentally friendly building techniques.
The aim of "MODI-FY" (Maintaining Historic Buildings and Objects through Developing and Up-grading Individual Skills of Project Managers: Fostering European Heritage and Culture for Years to come) is to provide professionals – Project Mangers for Maintenance of Historic Objects - with the required certified skills and competences to help responsible organisations in developing innovative VET (Vocational Education and Training).
- recognition of previous learning and already available skills
- blended learning offer for Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers for Historic Objects
- train-the-trainer education for experts in maintenance of historic buildings
- establishment of a European certificate issued by ECQA - European Certification and Qualification Association
- The consortium addresses these needs by developing a model of certified education for people working in management of historic buildings and sites. In a blended training approach old and new skills and competences will be merged into a standard requirement for current and future employees of the partner organisations as well as their suppliers and subcontractors.
- Burghauptmannschaft Oesterreich
- Unternehmensberatung Wagenhofer GmbH
- ECQA (European Certification and Qualification Association)
- CUEBC (European University Centre for Cultural Heritage)
- National Trust of England
- Landkommanderij Alden Biesen
- MRA The Hungarian Renaissance Foundation
- National Trust of Slovakia
- Secretaria Geral da Presidência da República Portuguesa
Find more information about the partners